New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 2

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2014 :  10:41:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I mentioned elsewhere (one of the posts under "weather") that we were opening a bed 'n breakfast soon. MaryJane surprised me with the offer for a bed set for one of the beds. It is lovely! Here's the photo of her blue Cotton Clouds bedding:

And, I asked her for a little card to put in the room so our guests would know where this scrumptious bedding came from! It is just so perfect and I love it! Thank you, MaryJane!

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens

Edited by - CloversMum on Nov 13 2014 10:46:49 AM

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2014 :  10:59:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is wonderful Charlene. I'm sure it's beautiful, I've seen pictures in other shops of her Cotton Cloud line. Your picture didn't come through or else it's something with my computer. Anyway congratulations! How soon will you be opening for business?
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2014 :  11:23:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uhm...not sure what is happening. I just tried to edit my post and use a different picture, but that wasn't successful either. So, it isn't your computer, Janet. It is me. :-) My rooms are all ready, but we are hoping to install double doors in the hallway that leads to the rooms and bath for increased privacy. I'm waiting on my builder...I think its going to take me being a squeaky wheel. It is a small job but he will do it well so it blends with the rest of the house...so I shall need to be patient! Hopefully, we can officially open within the next few weeks.

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2014 :  1:54:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, that soon! Well, I want to wish you much success in your new endeavor, many wonderful experiences to come your way. I'm thrilled for you. Many hundred miles away, but very happy for you and your family. Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Nov 13 2014 :  3:38:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best of luck!

With a moo moo here and a moo moo there, here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo.
Go to Top of Page

chives

313 Posts
Victoria
Shelton WA
usa

Posted - Nov 13 2014 :  8:37:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure it will be just lovely. Bed and breakfast are just homey.

A cow is the heart of a farm
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2014 :  4:37:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a photo of my surprise! And one of our very first guests to use MaryJane's surprise...actually it is my one and only grandbaby! Oh, how I love my little grandson...I get to spend every Friday afternoon with him so my daughter can run errands or even have lunch with my son-in-law.

Edited by - CloversMum on Nov 14 2014 9:37:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Nov 14 2014 :  5:18:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awwwww adorable child!

With a moo moo here and a moo moo there, here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo.
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2014 :  5:18:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How blessed you are Charlene. What a beautiful little baby. Oh, and the bedding is pretty too!
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2014 :  9:40:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I am very thankful that I get to spend time with my grandson...he is well-loved.

Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  02:08:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Charlene,
I missed this thread/pics somehow. It's the sleeping baby that makes that bed! Great idea for an ad:) I know what you mean about spending time with grandkids. It's the ultimate on one's bucket list I'd say. Again, good luck with your B&B!!!! I'll be sending people your way. In my experience, people loved staying on a farm. I called my concept a B&B Farm Stay. You might try that in your advertising.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  11:32:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you MaryJane! I so appreciate your encouragement and advice. And, I do agree that little Theo makes the bed just perfect. :-)

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2014 :  9:08:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today was a busy day as our builder came bright and early to start on the double doors in the hallway leading to the guest bedrooms. Workers were coming in and out all day...good progress was made. The double doors look so grand and inviting at the same time! Pictures will be posted when it is completed.

And, then this afternoon I took Clover over to MaryJane's. Busy day on the farm and loved it all.

Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  04:23:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds like a pretty full day Charlene but when your B&B is finished, and Clover is pregnant, it will be all worth every moment. Hang in there lady!
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  06:15:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yes, Janet, it will be worth it! I actually like busy days like yesterday as long as I don't have several of them all in a row. It was just a little crazy with the workers asking questions (some I knew the answers to and others required a quick call to the hubby). I wanted to make some molasses cookies to take over to MJ and her husband...never happened until late last night, unfortunately. And, I still have some cookie dough to pop into the oven this morning...always makes the house smell wonderful.

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  08:39:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So we are up and running! If you so desire, see us at our website: meadowlarkheritagefarm.com or find us on Facebook (search for Meadowlark Heritage Bed and Breakfast) for all the photos and information! My dear son-in-law came over on Saturday and took the photos for me and we got everything posted.

Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  10:51:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations! May your new endevore boom. So very nice and homey looking.

Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  9:25:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got to see it in person. The private deck has the most amazing view! And the accommodations are fabulous, just fabulous. Charlene has attended to every detail. Plus I think guests will benefit from and enjoy the Meadowlark Heritage Farm scene. Very uplifting.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

farmlife

1413 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  04:55:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds and looks wonderful, Charlene. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  05:03:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not too mention the second to none Hostess.

Go to Top of Page

farmlife

1413 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  05:18:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Goes without saying, right Ron?
Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  05:29:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And all the cool farm animals too!

Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  07:24:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great experience for any and all who stay at Meadowlark Heritage Farm! Very nice!
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  4:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone. I hope we can be gracious hosts to everyone who stays with us. Hopefully, we can get our place advertised well enough to start getting some reservations. I ordered brochures which will be delivered next week but I still need perhaps a better website...I'm not very good with computers and everyone keeps telling me that my website will sell the BnB. I am learning. :-) Frankly, I'd rather be setting up the rooms, caring for my farm animals, chatting here instead of working on a website!

Here are my happy goats that greet me every morning:

This is Marigold and Tulip. DaisyMae, Poppy, Tansy, and Blossom were still outside in the pasture.

Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  6:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I WANT ONE ! ( Ron= Animal dating fool!

Edited by - Ron on Nov 26 2014 6:40:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  7:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are great, Ron!!! And, their milk is quite tasty...not quite like Jersey's but still good. Goat cheese is good, too. I love how each one knows their name and I can call them and each one will come to me, even when in the middle of the herd. I love it! I think its great watching one of my does weave and push her way through to get to me after I've called her name.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: