New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Topic
Page: of 2

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2016 :  9:00:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flat-back buckets and a way to fill it through the wall or fence behind each individual buckets!

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2016 :  06:43:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
keeley, great minds think alike! i was looking last night and found this flat back bucket that interested me, in black and the tough livestock plastic. its a little giant "better bucket". its long and narrow sides for the cow snout, but tapered on the bottom so the material inside naturally falls backward and doesn't just clump in the bottom. they also make bucket hooks for the walls to hold buckets, and this one holds the lip of the bucket as well as the handle.

this setup is more expensive than what i wanted considering we would need 13-16 depending on the setup, but i ordered one of each to try it out with just a treat and to start seeing what i like/don't about it.

and janet charlene, i am so with you on loading from the other side. my only issue with that right now is the barn/corral setup ;> but working on ideas with lover boy in that direction

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")

Edited by - txbikergirl on Mar 23 2016 5:07:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2016 :  1:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting Cindy. I believe it was Charlene who suggested feeding from behind the buckets. ;)

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2016 :  07:56:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm all ears on this idea!

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

Shaina

32 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2016 :  8:57:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2016 :  11:37:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cindy, have you gotten the buckets yet? Any first thoughts on it?

I'm all about feeding from the back side because then children can safely help with the chores still ... who am I kidding?? Safer for the adults, too!

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2016 :  3:59:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have the bucket and the attachment, but we haven't had time to set it up yet. lover boy likes the idea, but we need to see it take a cow beating first. we'll fill it with free feed kelp or something and see how it lasts.

i'll keep ya posted for sure.

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2016 :  7:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the attachment in the photo ... hope it works well and we will see what Sally and Elsa think of it!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: