New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 2

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  12:35:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was reading about the Suffolk Ladies boots of England in your book MaryJane, and they look like quality boots, but I am unable to find them. I checked out the Back in the Saddle site, but they evidently don't have them any longer. Do you know where I might find them?

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  12:51:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay I finally found a pair but I haven't a clue what size. Have to find a conversion chart somewhere to figure out US size.

Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  6:51:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They sure looked like good boots but next to impossible to find. Did you get them?

With a moo moo here and a moo moo there, here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo.
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  7:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just back from town. I wear a size 7 or 7.5 depending on the shoe/boot. In the Tuffa I wear a 37 and the toe area is so roomy, that size allows me to wear a heavy sock in the winter and a lighter sock in the summer (plus I always wear them with my jeans tucked in--because of the way the tops are designed, they're not tight on my calves). I have one pair that are nearly worn out but I still wear them when I'm cleaning and waterproofing my daily pair that are only a couple of years old. I wear those everyday. I have another pair (new) that I put away in my closet just in case they disappear in the marketplace (I love them that much), but took them out of their box and wore them during my recent trip to NYC (no breaking in period on Tuffa boots). In the city they looked pretty "bad ass," said my daughter (we also agree they look fairly stylish and I do get quite a few women asking me what brand of boots I have on). I wore them if we did any serious trucking. One night my daughter walked close to 4 miles rather than take a taxi (it's fun to walk the city and stop in shops along the way). Actually, they're great walking shoes. I clean and spray mine every couple of months to keep them waterproof (Kiwi Heavy Duty Water Repellent). But beware, it takes a good three days for them to dry and stop smelling like silicon. I actually wear a fume mask, spray them outdoors (on a porch if it's winter), and then let them dry in a heated space away from people. The Kiwi makes them waterproof, not just resistant because I hit them with the hose on the bottoms and sides before I go into my milking parlor everyday and my feetsies never get wet.

Where did you find them Janet?

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  7:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I might add that the rubber "vibram-type" sole somehow stays soft and grips even when the temps plummet. I have actual vibram-soled winter boots that get too rigid and thus slick when it's cold. Tuffa soles grip better in the winter than any of the other boots I have like Sorrels, etc. I love that I can walk on ice.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  8:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did we mention they look bad ass! Lol..kind of like the look of them myself.

With a moo moo here and a moo moo there, here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo.
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  8:25:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They're unisex Ron.

Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  8:32:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will check with Janet, looks like the only place I saw them was a U K website. They look kinda too nice for a scruffy prairie dweller. Lol..but they do look so cool. I would be like you. Stick em in the closet on account they will probably leave the market. Can't beginnto count the items I have liked that just disappeared !

Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  8:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ron

I will check with Janet, looks like the only place I saw them was a U K website. They look kinda too nice for a scruffy prairie dweller. Lol..but they do look so cool. I would be like you. Stick em in the closet on account they will probably leave the market. Can't begin to count the items I have liked that just disappeared !

Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  8:34:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oopps

Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  8:55:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much MaryJane. I also wear a 7.5 so that size should work for me too if it got plenty of room. I will probably order them now that I know what size 37 actually is. I looked at conversion charts and there not all the same so thanks again. And the gripping sounds good, I can't afford to slip with my fused foot. Tuffaboots.com is the only place I found them, and there are some pairs on eBay too.

Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  10:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Ron, I did purchase a pair. Don't know how long it will take for them to arrive but at least I found them and should have a good boot. Keeping my fingers crossed for fit. :)

Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  09:19:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I want a pair! Lol..

Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  09:23:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the idea of a wool lining. No slip tread. Wear like iron, from what MaryJane said and how could you go wrong. Should get good use out of them. I don't mind being outside if I'm dressed for it, and these boots sound like a home run to me.

Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  09:27:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did I mention they look bad ass too! Lol

Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  09:35:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm? I think you did mention that. :)

Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  09:55:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol..actually I think I stole Megan's line. :)

Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  11:02:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing better than a stylish, sturdy, boot for the barn and elsewhere. A win, win.

Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  12:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Ma'am !

Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  09:29:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MaryJane, you did it again! I know it's not about cows, but my first pair of Suffolk boots arrived today and they fit perfect and I love them. I thought I had better buy two pair in case, like you say they stop making them. I bought one pair from Tuffaboots, UK and then a pair on Ebay that were size 37, brand new, so a win, win again!

Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  10:19:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No fair! eBay? I didn't think to look there, and a 37 none-the-less.

Your box of Suffolk accessories is shipping out UPS today. I had fun pampering your feet with all the things I love.

Glad you like them. I couldn't be without mine. I got so tired of those heavy rubber boots that made my feet tired and clunky snow boots, etc. I like that I can wear them year-round. Me and my Suffolks, we have a total love affair going. Same thing with Meg. She loves hers. Bad ass Janet.

Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  11:20:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did I mention they look bad ass? :)

Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  11:48:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm back from the city. Guess what I wore. Nothing like trying the boots out. I absolutely love these boots. I can't believe I can just put them on and go. Comfortable and such nice craftsmanship. They really are a "bad ass" boot. Yes Ron, I think you mentioned that. :) Thanks so much MaryJane for the information in your book. Even with my fused foot I can get it in and out no problem. Yap, I'm in love! And thank you again for the accessories MaryJane, so thoughtful, can't wait. I don't know what size you wear Ron but there were some larger sizes on eBay. It saves on shipping. I got free shipping with the ones I bought, plus I offered a lower price and they accepted it. I did good!

Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  11:50:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, did I?

Now we're headin' into dumb mass territory:)

When hubby and I went to Home Depot a couple of days ago, you get there by driving down a little side street through what once was probably a quiet neighborhood. One of the yards had a huge homemade sign that said, SLOW DOWN DUMB ASS. So for two days now we've been saying dumb mass this and dumb mass that.

Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  11:55:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It just makes my day Janet to hear how much you love your boots!

Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  12:01:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also Janet, hubby just left for to town to fetch our grandgirls for a StayOver. We've saved some gifts (books/Crazy 8s) to enjoy out here. Mia made a "Janet" card already.

And there's one unwrapped present. On Christmas day Stella handed me a gift for Jasper and told me to wait to have him open it until they were here with him.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: