Milk Maid Fashion
 Aprons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2014 :  5:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Charlene's mother embroidered more milk cow tea towels for us. Look what we had fun with today.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Dec 05 2014 :  6:05:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I need a fancy ribbon to go with mine ! :)

With a moo moo here and a moo moo there, here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo.
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2014 :  03:27:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's really cute! Great idea!
Go to Top of Page

Jersey James

176 Posts
James
Central FL
United States

Posted - Dec 06 2014 :  05:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now if you could just get the mannequin to do the cooking...

How many cows is enough?
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2014 :  3:48:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just darling with your milk cow fabrics! Such a cute idea!

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  7:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is my post milking apron, made of oilcloth. i got it off etsy here https://www.etsy.com/shop/LindasOtherLife?ref=l2-shopheader-name

I am a HUGE etsy shopper if i can't make it myself, or if i don't know anyone local that does. i have found some great home businesses on etsy that make amazing things i use every day.

i got an oilcloth apron as i noticed with the bleach spray bottle i was using i kept getting bleach spray on my shirts ;> the apron is larger than it looks in the photo, and i got strawberries as a nod to my departed aunt betty jo - her and uncle myron are my upstairs mentors for this homestead lifestyle we are going for. this apron makes me happy every morning when i put it on.

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")

Edited by - txbikergirl on Jan 16 2016 7:06:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

farmlife

1413 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  8:04:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You should model it for us. :)
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  03:35:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's darling Cindy.

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  2:32:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So cute! And love that it is sewn out of oilcloth ... I'm going to check this site out.

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page

Sydney2015

1156 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  9:30:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is adorable, Cindy! I want one!

A good laugh overcomes more difficulties and dissipates more dark clouds than any other one thing - Laura Ingalls Wilder

I live on a small farm of seventy acres called Green Forest Farm, with 10 horses, a donkey, 5 beef cows, 2 beef heifers, 3 Hereford heifers, around 60 chickens, 8 dogs, my amazing cow, AppleButter, and her little Jersey calf HoneyButter!
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  08:27:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gotta love an apron. Yours is adorable. We're working on a pattern for an egg gathering apron. Has two side pockets but also a little gathered kangaroo pouch in the center.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  10:09:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As soon as you can, MaryJane, we'd all love to see pictures! Can it be made of oilcloth? (I'm thinking of a possible broken egg and the ease of oilcloth in washing it clean again... not that it has EVER happened to me, though, just theoretically speaking!) :)

Go to Top of Page

Andrea0509

155 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  10:41:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So so cute Cindy! Didn't know about oilcloth. I'm thinking my daughter and I both need to add aprons to our wish list! She's my little kitchen helper and I know she'd be all about wearing her own special apron for such occasions :)

Hobby farming with my husband & two kids in beautiful Michigan ~ 1 Jersey; Miss Persimmon, 2 Olde English Southdown ewes; Lula & Clementine, and chickens to come Spring 2016. Loving the adventure!
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  12:56:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Special aprons for special helpers! I loved it when my daughters were young and they wore aprons ... kept cleaner in the kitchen and pockets were super helpful when doing house chores!

MaryJane, your egg collecting aprons could be expanded to include children's sizes!

Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  6:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOVE egg collecting aprons, they are just so practical and cute. can't wait to see it mary jane!

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  3:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carrie just showed me another idea she had for an egg gathering apron. Pics soon!!!

Here's a close-out on handmade kids' aprons:
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=71532

Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: