Milk Cow Decor
 Milk Cow Kitchen, Milk Can quilt!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

NellieBelle

11217 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2014 :  10:54:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gaining ground on Milk Cow Kitchen, milk can quilt. I sewed the binding on and now all I have to do is turn it and tack it down on other side and it will be finished. Fun little quilt!

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown

Edited by - NellieBelle on Oct 15 2014 1:18:11 PM

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Oct 15 2014 :  11:57:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And a very nice one Too!

With a moo moo here and a moo moo there, here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo.
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11217 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2014 :  12:04:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing better to settle the nerves than a cup of tea and hand sewing on a binding. Awwww!
Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Oct 15 2014 :  6:23:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That must be where I am going wrong. Usually stomp outside,trip on the dog stumble over a cat and almost fall on a chicken to relax!

With a moo moo here and a moo moo there, here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo.
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11217 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2014 :  7:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL! That's my trip to the barn coming and going every day. I keep wondering when I will be getting a mouth full of dirt. The cats are the worst. They run in and out between my legs or pass right in front of me so that I about trip. Yap a little time stitching is just what I need sometimes.
Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Oct 15 2014 :  7:26:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whatever it takes.mi really got to get into that one of these days.mstill have bunches of the organic Icelandic wool from my sheep flock I was going to spin. Still in bags. Some washed and picked some not. Need wool? Lol

Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11217 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2014 :  7:37:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always wanted to have a spinning wheel and loom but guess I'm gonna let that one pass by. But thanks. I'm sure someone will come along that will put it to good use.
Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Oct 15 2014 :  7:45:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I might get omit yet. Got a good solid forty years or more to get things done. Just read an article about a 256 year old herbalist and martial artist.

Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11217 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2014 :  7:48:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, I'm tired at 60, I'd be dragging along at 256, if at all. LOL. That's amazing.
Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Oct 15 2014 :  8:08:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remind me in the morning I will dig up the link.

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2014 :  1:01:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darling quilt, Janet! Did you machine quilt it or hand quilt? About this time of year, I start thinking of projects I can work on in front of our fire in the evenings. But I still have so many books in my "to read" stack that I think I'm crazy to take on another project! :-) But I do really like your quilt...

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11217 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2014 :  1:11:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This quilt is machine quilted. I usually only hand quilt my heirloom quilts. I don't have the time to hand quilt all my quilts. The ones that are more difficult to piece I usually hand quilt. This one just looked like so much fun and it will remind me of the Milk Cow Adventure I went on, and MaryJane's fabric/pattern. Just too fun to pass up. Like you my books are piling up but come winter I will get them read. I read here in the evenings as nothing on t.v. is fit to watch anymore. So I either sew or read. Start planning for my perennial plant list for next spring. It's all good as long as I'm able to keep going. I like smaller projects too like embroidery. Oh you have a fire place or stove. It's wonderful to sit in front of a warm cozy fire. Just about that time!
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: