News of Cowcern
 Avalanche kills Moose
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

hugho

34 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2019 :  06:49:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sorry to report the untimely death of our prize ram, Moose who was standing outside of his shelter yesterday when the roof let loose without warning. I was unable to dig him out before he died. I should have figured this out. 3 weeks ago I heard my wife screaming and found her chest deep in snow and unable to move. She was 10 feet or more from the edge of the roof when 5 feet or more crashed to the ground and engulfed her. A friend parked his pickup too close to the roof and it crushed his expensive camper. Mary Jane claims it's springtime in the Rockies. NOT! in Jackson.

Daisy, our Jersey
Kunekune pigs
St Croix Sheep
Free range chickens, Icelandics,Buffs, Khaki Cambell ducks, arucanas,buckeyes and Golden Comet Sexlinks

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2019 :  06:55:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear of your loss, Hugh. Who would have thought you needed to watch for roof avalanches?

Yes, our snow is melting with more rain predicted. I suspect it'll be gone within another week, just in time for calving.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: