Chatroom

[flourish]
 All Forums
 Marketplace
 Bulls and Semen FOR SALE (or barter or swap)
 Proven Jersey BULL for sale: Samson, DOB 4/11/2011
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  4:13:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Proven Jersey BULL for sale: Samson, DOB 4/11/2011

Given the recent birth of a bull at my farm, it’s time for me to find a new home for the well-known, prolific Samson, sire of calves too numerous to keep track of at this point. I'm still contemplating whether or not to have him collected for sexed semen, but given the expense of doing so, I will sell him if I can find a good home for him.

If you’re looking for a well-behaved, extremely fertile, sexually agile (super quick and on target) herd bull, Samson is your guy (I’ve used him to live-mount my miniature Jerseys as well as my mid- and full-size Jerseys and he has been successful first time every time, https://www.heritagejersey.org/chatroom/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=568).

I currently offer his semen for sale so his new owner will be required to sign a contract stating they won’t collect him until all the Samson semen I have on hand is sold.

To read his complete bio, go here: https://www.heritagejersey.org/chatroom/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=476

Price for Samson is $3,600. It includes all the testing required for him to travel, including current vaccinations, a hoof trim, and breeding soundness exam from the WSU Veterinary Hospital. It also includes his veterinary records, current tests for TB, Brucellosis, BVD, BLV, Johne’s and trich. Also, I have a neighbor who might be able to offer delivery of Samson.

Besides being A2A2 polled (heterozygous), further genetic testing on Samson confirmed that his Kappa Casein is A/A (the A genotype is associated with higher milk production) and his Beta Lactoglobulin is B/B (the B variant is associated with increased casein and fat content and is favorable for cheese production).

I’m more than happy to answer any further questions you may have, maryjane@maryjanesfarm.org

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  4:36:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Niceeeeeee

With a moo moo here and a moo moo there, here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo.
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  4:42:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MaryJane, another one I have to wrap my head around. Samson? He will definitely be a wonderful addition to someone's Jersey cow plan.

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

farmlife

1413 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2015 :  07:41:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! Someone will be very lucky.
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2015 :  2:42:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Samson's leaving?? But I do understand with an overabundance of bulls around.

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: