Recipes
 Cottage Cheese!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2017 :  6:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did it! Finally made cottage cheese and had some for dinner tonight. I followed MaryJane's recipe in the Milk Cow Kitchen.

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2017 :  6:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome Charlene! That's just the way I love to eat it. Bit of pepper with a side of 'maters.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2017 :  7:36:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gorgeous cottage cheese charlene!

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2017 :  8:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks gals! It was delicious and gave me courage for continuing on with the cheese making process. I mean, this recipe in MJ's book says it is for intermediate cheese makers so I've FINALLY progressed past beginner! Lol! Not sure why I've been so nervous about cheese making it this was fun!!

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page

Boots&Flipflops

499 Posts
Darla

Posted - Jul 05 2017 :  09:57:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh My Goodness Charlene... That looks wonderful. I am the only one in the house who will eat cottage cheese, so when the day comes that I get my cow all that yummy goodness will be mine. I love to dice up celery, radishes, green onions and cherry tomatoes and mix it all up in the cottage cheese and eat it on multi grain crackers. That's a treat! Thanks for the wonderful pictures during your process.

To Succeed In This Life You Need Three Things: A Backbone, A Wish Bone and a Funny Bone. As quoted by Reba McEntire
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: