Breeding
 Artificial Insemination
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2014 :  08:59:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just reading about Artificial Insemination on the web site: cooperfamilyfarm.com and there is a section entitled, How to Breed For Heifers. Has anyone read this and what do you think? Coincidence or is there something to it?

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2014 :  11:20:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How cool is that information!!!!??? I'm on board to try it out going forward. Loved her simple, crystal-clear explanation. What a great thing they have going on there at their farm. Thanks for the link!

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2014 :  11:45:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maryjane

How cool is that information!!!!??? I'm on board to try it out going forward. Loved her simple, crystal-clear explanation. What a great thing they have going on there at their farm. Thanks for the link!

You are welcome. I figure it's worth a try. Nellie was AI when standing on, and Sienna was bred at the start of her heat so I'm anxious to see what Sienna has. (yes, a calf, I know) I mean female or male. :) A lot depends on when my AI guy can get here too so that's why I try for early detection. Please, LMK in future if it works for you.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: