Chatroom

[flourish]
 All Forums
 Marketplace
 Cows FOR SALE (or barter or swap)
 Bred Dutch Belted/Jerseys for sale(Oklahoma)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

happyfarmwife

64 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2016 :  2:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are in process of downsizing due to my husband's desire to retire and do some traveling so we have decided to offer some of our lovely dairy girls for sale.
1. "Bailey" First lactation Dutch Belted/Jersey family cow. Trained to stanchion, very gentle and understands her job. She's raising her calf right now but stands nicely for hand milking. She was born with only three teats.....Her udder is a single on the rear and two normal teats on the front. NICE cow just a weird twist of genetics. She is bred to a red and white Dutch Belted bull using Heifer Plus to increase likelihood of heifer calf to about 80%.
2. "Sunny" Bred Dutch Belted heifer registered 50% DB out of a really nice small grade Jersey. "Sunny" has almost a complete belt....bred using Heifer Plus to an A2/A2 Dutch Belted bull for a 75% Dutch Belted calf.
3. "Cupid" Bred Dutch Belted heifer, "Cupid" is registered 75% SUPER FRIENDLY personable girl, she's the charmer of the farmstead always comes up for a good neck scratch! She will stand to be petted as long as you will stand to pet her! Bred to A2/A2 Dutch Belted bull using Heifer Plus to increase the likelihood of a heifer calf to about 80%.
4. "Bonnie" 75% registered Dutch Belted heifer calf out of Bailey. "Bonnie" has a full belt, 4 teats and is very correct in every way.

ALL our girls are handled extensively from birth, they are brought in, stanchion trained and touched all over their body. Udder, back legs, belly, everywhere a farmstead dairy cow will need to tolerate being touched. They are halter trained and ready to become part of your farmstead.

Dutch Belted cows are excellent foragers and do well in grass-based dairying operations. These are all on the small size range of Dutch Belteds and I would consider them a small to medium frame Jersey size.

Will sell as a package or individually. Located in east central Oklahoma. Call or text Jen Massey 918-740-6108 Photo is of Bailey and Bonnie shortly after Bonnie's birth. Bonnie is a big girl now ready for weaning. More photos and information available on request.

Edited by - happyfarmwife on Sep 25 2016 2:24:36 PM

farmlife

1413 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2016 :  8:52:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you seeing this Cindy? :)
Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2016 :  11:09:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
miss happy farmwife, interested in posting at least one photo of each cow? i am curious. not sure that i am willing to go a combo belted/jersey, but both breeds on their own have ALWAYS been a desire of mine so I am willing to entertain this.

so photos would be appreciated.

and keeley, thanks for the shout out. you are always keeping me in mind and i appreciate that.

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: