She’s all mine!
 Butter Pictures!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Sydney2015

1156 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2016 :  4:07:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally got some pictures! Her they are! Butter wanted to play so they may not have turned out very good.

I tried to get a picture from the side, this is all I could get.

A good laugh overcomes more difficulties and dissipates more dark clouds than any other one thing - Laura Ingalls Wilder

I live on a small farm of seventy acres called Green Forest Farm, with 10 horses, a donkey, 5 beef cows, 2 beef heifers, 3 Hereford heifers, around 60 chickens, 8 dogs, my amazing cow, AppleButter, and her little Jersey calf HoneyButter!

Edited by - Sydney2015 on Apr 17 2016 4:07:43 PM

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2016 :  4:35:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gorgeous sydney! i always have to remind myself that not getting good photos because they want to play and love is a GREAT thing - it shows what a wonderful close relationship you have with them.

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2016 :  6:03:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Sydney! Butter is a nice looking cow. And I think you did a good job getting pictures, especially since she wanted your attention. She is growing up. How many inches is she to the withers Sydney? Have you measured her yet?

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2016 :  07:46:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Butters is looking beautiful! When are you planning to breed her?

Thanks for posting pictures!

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2016 :  07:57:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much for the photos of AppleButter. She's looking great!!! Keep us in the know regarding news of her breeding.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

Sydney2015

1156 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2016 :  10:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone, my favorite picture is the top one, she is sticking her tongue out! I plan to breed her in late June or early July. I haven't measured her yet, but I need to very soon!

Cindy, I totally agree!

A good laugh overcomes more difficulties and dissipates more dark clouds than any other one thing - Laura Ingalls Wilder

I live on a small farm of seventy acres called Green Forest Farm, with 10 horses, a donkey, 5 beef cows, 2 beef heifers, 3 Hereford heifers, around 60 chickens, 8 dogs, my amazing cow, AppleButter, and her little Jersey calf HoneyButter!
Go to Top of Page

Sydney2015

1156 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2016 :  1:44:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got her measured! 46.25 inches at the withers! She is 15 months which means she is just falling in the Mid-size category.

Go to Top of Page

Sydney2015

1156 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2016 :  1:53:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can also breed in June.

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2016 :  3:59:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really like the mid-size ... Clover measures in that range as well and I'd really like her size.

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: