Recipes
 Ham & Gruyere Buttermilk Rolls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Ashley

167 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  3:11:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been playing in the kitchen again today, and churned out a batch of these beauties

The crust was a simple mix of MaryJane's Budget mix, butter, and buttermilk. The crust was so flaky, with lots of yummy air pockets. I daresay it might even be the flakiest crust from the Budget Mix I've ever made or tasted, thanks to the addition of our own buttermilk, complete with flecks of butter. For the filling, I cut into a young wheel of Gruyere, spread it over the dough, and topped it with a layer of thinly sliced ham.

While Karina was snapping the photo, I mixed up a little stoneground mustard, buttermilk, and honey to pour over the tops of them. Yum! Luckily, they all disappeared before I could gorge myself on a second one. ;)

Ashley (MaryJane's DIL)
MaryJanesFarm Food Guru

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  4:44:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats amazing looking. lovely. sign me "salivating in texas"

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page

Sydney2015

1156 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  5:39:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ashley, those look amazing. I would like to try those someday.

A good laugh overcomes more difficulties and dissipates more dark clouds than any other one thing - Laura Ingalls Wilder

I live on a small farm of seventy acres called Green Forest Farm, with 10 horses, a donkey, 5 beef cows, 2 beef heifers, 3 Hereford heifers, around 60 chickens, 8 dogs, my amazing cow, AppleButter, and her little Jersey calf HoneyButter!
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  6:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So delicious ... sometimes I wish the computer could allow us to smell the delicious scents coming from your kitchen, Ashley.

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: