Chit Chat and Daily Weather Report
 happy fathers day!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2018 :  7:20:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wanted to wish everyone a happy fathers day! we had a nice, relaxing weekend around here - hot and sweaty, but a good time was had by all.

we finally took the time to go fishing on the small lake on our farm, the girls fished for FOUR hours nonstop and just loved it. it is so precious to see previous urban girls having a blast with minnows and worms, and stomping through knee high grass in their farmgirl boots and saying how they will talk louder to scare the snakes away ;>

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2018 :  7:20:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How wonderful Cindy, and such a lovely photo of girls gone fishing.

We had outside plans for fathers day but it rained on our parade, so the girls choreographed a dance routine for Lucas and invited us to watch. Before and after, Nick and I harvested garlic.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2018 :  4:39:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
howdy mary jane! your garlic harvest looks wonderful, i didn't get any of that into the ground this year ;> and your man looks like you made him work hard!

your grandgirls are so creative, that is adorable. hope lucas and nick had a wonderful father's day.

i am settling back into routine after being gone all lost week. have to admit i am tired, and would actually prefer to take the week off... but that isn't going to happen. girls did well with lover boy and his mom during my absence, everyone was happy.

take care everyone, go give a cow a hug!

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: